2 Week Intensive Training 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Yoga Alliance w/Margarida Tree
Time & Location
About the Event
"Learning is finding out what we already know. Doing is demonstrating that you know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you. You are all learners, doers, and teachers." -- Richard Bach
The practice of Yoga is a way of life and of weaving a deep understanding of the self with the self in every facet of one’s life. Margarida has been practicing Yoga for 29 years and teaching for 27 years. Through the years of experience Margarida’s understanding of the art of teaching and the practice of Yoga gives her teachers a mature and solid foundation in there 200hr teacher training. Certified as a senior teacher in Ashtanga Yoga with Manju Jois and her own long term dedication to her Yoga practice in the eight limbs Margarida has a down to earth practice that blends eastern tradition with a western life.
In this teacher training there will be special attention paid to alignment and how to incorporate this into teaching asanas in a flow.
* A foundation in the primary series of Ashtanga healthy sequencing of asanas, assessing, adjusting and assisting asanas . * 8 limbs of Ashtanga.
* How to instruct meditation, pranayama, mantras and chanting.
* There will be a mix of analytical training and how to teach and practice traditional Yoga techniques.
*We will cover both bodily systems and energy systems of anatomy and physiology.
* There will also be sessions in Anatomy.
* Yoga Philosophy and lifestyle will be studied delving into Ptatanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita.
* The curriculum will include the business aspects of Yoga and the ethics of teaching.
* Practicum will include practice teaching, hands on assisting, practice teaching, observation of others teaching and giving/receiving feedback.
*The training will give each individual teacher the option to focus there teaching towards traditional ashtanga or creative vinyasa.
June 3rd -June 17th.
Day off Sunday June 6th
This will be an intensive teacher training with a 9am-3pm daily training.
There will be a daily practice, with rest days.
If a teacher in training needs to miss a day there are options for a makeup day at the end of the training or through a private session or another teacher training session.
There is a 1/2 hour break for lunch and subsequent breaks throughout the day. x
The teacher training includes the newest edition of our One Yoga Planet Manual with a new added section on assists and adjustments. Training Books are separate and may be ordered through One Yoga Planet at our Bookstore Discount or ordered online. There will be reading assignments and online supportive material before the training begins, during and afterwards.
At time of accepted application the $500 non refundable deposit must be paid to secure your spot in the training.
Once this has been received you will receive the booklist. If you decide to use the One Yoga Planet Bookstore and take advantage of our discounted book price, once application has been accepted and deposit has been, book payment is due.
We offer individual payment plans- these must be arranged through Margarida Tree prior to commencement date.
SAVE $200 with early registration and full payment.
One Yoga Planet accepts credit card payments, cash or check.
Look forward to having you join us on this journey!